Friday, March 4, 2011

Was it only a dream?

You know when you wake up and for a split second you think your dream was real? It was real! I woke up to this. Last night I was stitching away and noticed that my bottom left hand corner is one stitch off. Upset, I put it aside and went to bed. The minute I saw this sitting next to my chair this morning, I scowled and set to work on getting my coffee, a bottle and a cup of milk. I stared at that thing all day, knowing full well that I could not get away with this one. It will have to come out. I detest such surgery, and avoid it at all costs if possible. Nothing doing this time, the piece is too symmetrical. I will not give up, I will not give up, I will not give up, I will not give up!!! Perhaps after the little ones bath tonight, I will tackle this and update you tomorrow.


On a brighter note, I have been hooking some hats. I know it's almost spring, and I don't know what I am going to do with these yet, gifts, sell... Anyway I love them. I still need some more flowers or other embellishments for some of them. Too many projects. Isn't that the way?

Thanks for stopping by,
Hillery

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear that the "frog" is coming for a visit tonight... hopefully he won't stay for very long!

The hats are adorable! Are they all crocheted?

carol fun said...

Reverse stitching is soooooo annoying - hope it goes quickly. I love the hats, they are so cute!

robindefender said...

Ugh, I hate frogging, and will do almost anything to avoid it. Especially when it involves pulling that much thread out. Good luck, and don't give up!

Crystal said...

Oh so sorry to see your mistake, hope the frogging goes fast. It is looking fantastic, your hats are lovely.

Brigitte said...

Those little hats are so cute. Very nice crocheting.
Sorry to hear that you'll have to so some frogging. But once the stitches are out it will be restitched very fast.

Pumpkin said...

Oh no! Don't give up!

Lovely little hats :o) I had my first crochet lesson last night!

Vinniey said...

I know you will not give up, Hillery. The frogging will goes fast. :) All those little crocheted hats looks so lovely. I love love the pink one. So sweet.

Sharon said...

Isn't it amazing how annoying it can be to just be "one stitch" off? There are times when I feel like I spend more time re-stitching than I do forward stitching. some pieces are just like that...
This design is a beauty and I'm sure it will be amazing when you're finished.
The hats are just too cute - they make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...