Saturday, February 19, 2011

It Has Been So Long~Ripply Ta-Dah!!!

It has been so long since I have posted and so long since I have visited you all. The girls are keeping me busy. I am still searching for a job, but I am still on the fence about that. I would love to stay home for a while longer. I used to work in child care and I hesitate to put them in the care of others. Don't get me wrong, some child cares are great, but I have heard some horror stories. Well, I have finish to show you. Of the crochet kind, not the stitchy kind. I haven't put needle to thread yet this year. Soon, soon.....
Here is my ripply Tah-Da!!! I am so pleased with this blanket. It is done with Vanna's Choice Acrylic yarn which for acrylic, is so soft. I have to tell you that I got this yarn at the discount store for half off. $2.50 per 340 yard skein. I really should have bought them out for that price. I have also been at my whits end trying to keep the dog off it!!!! But, we have been snuggling up in it every night. I have also started something else, perhaps another afghan.


On to the Happy Dance!!!

Such wonderful, colorful fun. The blanket measures, 45 inches by 65 inches. Plenty big enough for the couch. My original plan was to keep going and to make it fit a twin sized bed, but that bed is a couple of years off, so I'll have to plan another one.



And for a nice warm nap......

It doesn't get much better than this.
Hope everyone is doing well out there in blogland. I'll be visiting soon. I have more pics to show.
Thanks for stopping by,
Hillery







14 comments:

gracie said...

It looks so pretty and what areward to see the little one napping with it. Be proud!

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish! I'd like to curl up in it too ;o)

Casey said...

the colors are wonderful! It's a beautiful blanket :)

Pammy Sue said...

Your blanket is wonderful and so cheery! Congratulations on finishing it. On to the next! ;)

Cole said...

Great blanket!!! Just perfect for some snuggle time on the couch!

dutch sisters said...

Whauw, it's fabulous! Wish I was a better crochetter.

Hazel said...

Oh it's lovely!! I want to make another one. x

Tracey said...

Love the bright colours... just what we need to fend off the February blahs!

Heather - The Good Life said...

It looks great and it looks like your daughter is enjoying using it. I love all the happy colors. Great deal on your VC yarn! Enjoy your evening. Heather

Blu said...

Awesome colours! It looks so bright and cheerful.

Jodie said...

Congrats on the lovely finish! I love this ripple pattern, it reminds me of many afghans that my Grandma crochet and knitted :-)

Brigitte said...

A beautiful and colourful ripple blanket.

Unknown said...

That looks beautiful!
xxx

walking the yarn said...

That's real nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...